Jenna Mackay (Mah-kai) was born in Alberta Canada but spent most of her life in Clarkston WA where she met her now-husband. She attended WSU and spent a year on the women's rowing team and met a group of women she is still close friends with today. In 2012 she moved to Oakland California to attend the California School of Podiatric Medicine. Her fondest memory from Podiatry school, aside from the lifelong friends she made, was winning the class baking competition with "Best All-Around" for some Oreo BonBons in the shape of ice cream cones.
She completed her 3-year surgical residency in Lorain, OH with the Mercy Regional Medical Center Podiatry Residency, working in close conjunction with the Cleveland Clinic. In her final year, she worked as Chief Resident responsible for providing a weekly work schedule and overseeing 15 residents. Upon completion of her residency she and her husband Ian are thrilled to be back in the Pacific Northwest with their two golden retrievers Tucker (10) and Merlin (2).
Idaho Foot and Ankle Associates, August 2019 to present.
- Associate DPM practicing in comprehensive aspects of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- ABFAS Qualified in Forefoot surgery
Mercy Health Regional Medical Center: 07/01/2016 to 06/30/19
- Dr. Mark Hardy, DPM FACFAS- Director
- Podiatric Medicine and Surgery Residency with Reconstructive Rearfoot and Ankle Certification (PMSR-RRA)
- Affiliation with major Cleveland hospital systems including Cleveland Clinic, Metro Health, Akron General, and Lakewest Hospital
- Comprehensive training in podiatric medicine and surgery with emphasis on the correction of angular forefoot, rearfoot, and ankle deformities
- Chief Resident: 2018-2019 academic year
California School of Podiatric Medicine, August 2012 to May 2016
- Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine. GPA: 3.54
Washington State University, Pullman WA, August 2006 to May 2010.
- Undergraduate in Basic Medical Studies with a minor in Philosophy, graduated Cum Laude with a Bachelor In Science degree.
- Dean’s Scholarship of Podiatry, CSPM 2012 to 2016
- Washington State Podiatric Medicine Association Scholarship, 2014
- Washington State University Leadership Scholarship, 2006
- ACFAS Member September 2016 to Present
- OHFAMA (Ohio Foot and Ankle Medical Association) Member, June 2016 to Present
- APMA Member, August 2012 to Present
POSTERS, PUBLICATIONS, PAPERS
Revisional Tibiotalocalcaneal Arthrodesis following Septic Ankle Joint Arthritis: A Case report
- Poster presentation No-Nonsense Conference 2017
Central Polymetatarsia without Polydactyly: A Case Report
- Poster presentation at No-Nonsense Conference 2017 and case report proposal
Primary vs. Secondary Closure of Open Fractures
- Article submitted Dec 2017 to Northern Ohio Foot and Ankle Journal. (NOFA)
Review of DVT Prophylaxis in Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Article submitted Mar 2017 to NOFA Journal
Giant Cell Tumor: A Case Report
- Presented poster and case report submitted Mar 2018 to NOFA Journal
Atypical Heel Pain: A Case Report
- Poster presentation at No-Nonsense Conference 2018
Research Assistant, Pullman WA, June 2009 to September 2009
- Worked as a part of the Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship and was asked to continue to work in Dr. Meier’s lab on the effects of ethanol on breast cancer cells.
- Sciences and Engineering Undergraduate Research Poster CompetitionParticipant
ADDITIONAL TRAINING COURSES
- AO Advanced Internal Fixation Course- Memphis, TN August 2017
- ACLS/BLS certified: July 2016 to July 2020
- Coding and Billing Seminar, ACFAS July 2019
- Summer Dissection, Samuel Merritt University, May 2013 to July 2013
- Samuel Merritt University Soccer Club, September 2012 to 2016
- Men’s Minority Health Fair, Cleveland Clinic April 2017
- Prosection Team Member, August 2013 to May 2014
- Responsible for preparing the Anatomy and Lower Extremity Anatomy prosection for the first year class.
- Martin Luther King Elementary Health Fair Volunteer, March 29, 2014
- Offered free diabetic foot care screening to community members.
- Emeryville Earth Day Beach Clean-up Volunteer April 19, 2014