How your podiatrists in Boise, ID, can help you with an ankle sprain
Ankle sprains are a common injury, especially if you are an active runner or participate in sports. However, anyone can experience an ankle sprain just from walking on uneven ground, stepping into a hole in the ground, or walking off of a curb on the way to work.
Fortunately, the podiatrists here at Idaho Foot & Ankle Associates have a wide range of foot and ankle treatments, including those that can help with a sprained ankle. With several convenient office locations in Boise, Nampa/Caldwell, and Meridian, ID, read on to learn how we can help you!
Ankle sprain treatments
So, what should you do when you sprain your ankle? The idea is to keep the swelling down and relieve pain. You can:
- Place ice packs on your ankle several times each day
- Elevate your ankle and try to keep your weight off of it
- Wrap your ankle in compression bandages to support it
- Take over-the-counter anti-inflammatory and pain medication
In the event that ankle sprain pain doesn't go away, your podiatrist can evaluate the issue and help you find relief. When you visit the podiatrists at Idaho Foot & Ankle Associates, they may recommend:
- Using crutches when you walk to take the stress off of your ankle
- Wearing a walking boot, splint, or cast to support your ankle so it can heal
- Physical therapy and stretching exercises to maintain strength and flexibility
- Taking prescription-strength anti-inflammatory and pain medication.
Need relief? Give us a call
You don’t have to suffer from an ankle sprain when help and relief are just a phone call away. To learn more about treating ankle sprains and other podiatry services, call the podiatrists here at Idaho Foot & Ankle Associates with offices in Boise, Nampa/Caldwell, and Meridian, Idaho. Call today:
- (208) 327-0627 - Boise
- (208) 463-1660 - Nampa/Caldwell
- (208) 888-9876 - Meridian